Thursday, August 26, 2010

Burley.....THE summer hot spot?

I was born and lived a few years of my younger life in Burley. I still have family there. My mother's parents are there and are always happy to have a visit. They are the best hotel in the city! I took the kids the last weekend before school started to visit. The Cassia County Rodeo and Fair was in town so I picked us up some tickets. The kids have never been to a rodeo before. The night we went was "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" night. Everyone was encouraged to wear pink to show support for Breast Cancer. My kids loved that idea and so we searched for pink shirts to wear. The cowboys, cowgirls and even the horses were dolled up in support.







During one of the event changes, they called attention to these pink balloons. The MC for the rodeo asked for a moment of silence as they released the balloons into the sky. The balloons represented the prayers and wishes of breast cancer patients. They flew to heaven in HOPE of answers and a cure for this terrible disease. Very touching to me....I did cry a little.

Zach said he'd bet there was going to be some pink chaps and sure enough there was!

The rodeo royalty-----> in pink!

Janae was in awe to see an actual tractor moving. She has only seen ones standing still or broken.




Grandpa asked if we would care for some red potatoes to take home. Drew offered to help dig them up from the garden. A first!




I took them to the Burley pool to swim. I told them this was the same pool that I took swimming lessons in 25 years earlier. They were actually impressed.


2 comments:

mCat said...

This must have been a big event! I read about it on some other blogs from friends up north!

Heidi #1 said...

Ohhhhh, sigh! I miss the Burley pool. That sounds like the funnest weekend ever!