Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School 2008



It has finally arrived! The lazy days of summer are over! Janae, Drew, and Zach are back in school and I am so happy. (I am doing the dance of joy) Janae started the 6th grade and has her first "boy" teacher. The first things she said about him was that he lets the class have food whenever they want and he let them have a 2 minute nap today. I'm wondering if Janae might get a construded opinion about "boy" teachers. Drew started the 4th grade. He's not much of a story teller. He told me that the friend he thought was going to be in his class isn't and that was about it. Zach started the 1st grade. He told me he had three recesses and got locked out of the school today because he wasn't in the right spot playing and didn't here the teacher when she said it was time to come in. Can I just tell you that I thought that this day would never come. All my kids in school and I have my days to myself. Lately I find myself thinking that I should of had more kids....but after today....I think I am happy right where I am at!

I tip my glass to the public school system...Thank you!

1 comment:

Heidi #1 said...

I am very envious of you and your new found freedom! Whenever Ben and I have conversations about how unfair I feel my life is because he gets to go to lunch, golf, or basically do whatever he wants all day while I never get a break he always says one day dear when all the kids are in school, you will get your break. You will get your hobbies back, and you will deserve it!
As I sit here planning to have another baby in the next couple weeks I feel as if my day will never come...sigh! One day I too will tip my can to the school system.
You deserve the time to yourself. You are a great mom and wonderful daughter, sister, and aunt. Enjoy sis!