Sunday, March 6, 2011

Workin Mom

I have obviously not blogged for over a month.  There is a very valid reason though.  I have no time what so ever because...............(drum roll please)...........I am a working mom!  Things are a little slow for Andy and instead of sending him back to h*ll (aka-Alaska) I said I would get a job to help out.  I have looked before but with no education and not a lot of skills my choices are limited.  I totally thought I would be at McDonald's or something.  That doesn't make a happy mommy.

One day, I got a friend request on FB and it was an old friend from my home ward.  I accepted the request and no sooner than I did he sent me a message asking if I wanted my old job back at Beehive Clothing Mills.  He was half kidding but I was not!  He was one of the last people that I trained in the cutting room before I left to have my second baby.  He told me of the openings, I applied, and got a job sewing.  Hmmmm.....not what I really wanted to do but at least I was working. I promptly went to my old supervisor and told him to keep me in mind if he had an opening. 

I sewed for a week...............HATED IT!  That Friday, HW came to me and offered me my old job back!  I was so happy I thought about kissing him!  The work is still hard but I am not confined to a chair and can be social with my fellow crew.  I know the work and didn't need a ton of training.  I have been there a month already.

My schedule is 6 AM to 2:30 PM.  Fits perfect for my families schedule.  I am home when the kids walk in the door.  That does mean I have to be up at 4:30 in the morning.  Yes,  that is early but surprising the hard thing is getting to bed before 9!  As a mom there is always one more thing to do before I hit the sack.

I am so happy with my new job.  If  I have to work, there is no better place than for the church.  I can see the path that my Heavenly Father has placed before me.  (Even my weight loss is part of it.  Being heavy would make this job harder to do.)  I am continually in awe of the blessings He gives me.  He knows me and my needs and then holds nothing back!

No comments: