Monday, September 15, 2008

Camping with Grandma and Grandpa

Sorry guys for all the slide shows but there are so many great pictures and this is the best way to show you all of them! We go on an annual camping trip with my parents every year. It's usually in September when all the fun is had for the summer. We went to Deer Creek Reservoir this year and we had the best time! It has been a dry summer this year (when has it not been dry, we live in the desert for Pete's sake!) so we were not aloud to have a fire or use coals. Funny thing is that both dinners that we had planned for involved one or the other. So we did what anyone else would do...went to town for a hamburger! We hiked to Bridal Veil falls and did a little fishing. It got cold at night but the weather during the day was fantastic!

1 comment:

Jason Both said...

Looks like fun! That's something I will really miss about the west. We'll I decided last summer that I was too scared of bears to really enjoy tent camping and hiking. It didn't help that we camped next to a tree that was all scratched up with claw marks. Plus the camp ground owner said their was a bear that came into the campground a couple days before. I seriously was praying all night that a bear wouldn't pull my kids out of the tent and eat them. There was a chipmunk or something walking around our tent all night, and the campers next to us were snoring. For moments I really thought there were bears snorting outside my tent. Yeah, cabin camping for me all the way, and hiking only in big groups.